P004B OBD II Trouble Code Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control B Circuit Range Performance
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on symptoms and causes of a P004B code which means that the turbo or supercharger boost control circuit B is out of range or has a performance problem.
Symptoms of P004B OBD II Trouble Code
- Insufficient boost resulting in lack of engine performance
- Overboost resulting in detonation and possible engine damage
- Illuminated check engine light
Common Causes of P004B OBD II Trouble Code
- Faulty boost pressure/ turbocharger position sensor
- Failed turbocharger/super charger
- Defective control solenoid
- Wiring problems
- Faulty PCM
- Vacuum leaks if the valve is vacuum controlled
Severity of P004B OBD II Trouble Code
The severity of these codes is moderate to severe. In some cases, problems with the turbocharger/supercharger can lead to severe engine damage. It's a good idea to address this code as soon as possible.