P009A OBD II Trouble Code Intake Air Temperature/Ambient Air Temperature Correlation
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P009A diagnostic code which indicates a correlation problem between the intake air and ambient air temperature sensor readings.
Symptoms of P009A OBD II Trouble Code
- There may be no symptoms exhibited with this code
- Engine drivability issues
- A reduction in fuel efficiency
Common Causes of P009A OBD II Trouble Code
- IAT sensor left unplugged after service
- Bad ambient air temperature sensor
- Faulty IAT sensor
- Open or shorted circuits or connectors
- Defective PCM or PCM programming error
Severity of P009A OBD II Trouble Code
IAT sensor input is vitally important to fuel delivery and a stored code P009A should be classified as severe.