P00B8 OBD II Trouble Code MAP - Mass or Volume Air Flow Correlation Bank 2
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on symptoms and causes of a P00B8 diagnostic code which indicates a correlation problem between the bank 2 MAP and MAF sensor values.
Symptoms of P00B8 OBD II Trouble Code
- Hesitation or stall upon acceleration
- Rich or lean exhaust
- Reduced fuel efficiency
- Diminished engine performance
Common Causes of P00B8 OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective MAP sensor
- Faulty or contaminated MAF/VAF sensor
- Open or shorted wiring or connectors in the related circuits
- Cracked or broken air inlet pipe
- Insufficient engine vacuum
- PCM or PCM programming error
Severity of P00B8 OBD II Trouble Code
Since fuel delivery and ignition timing are so critical to engine performance and efficiency, the P00B8 should be categorized as severe and addressed as such.