Symptoms of P0170 OBD II Trouble Code
- MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) Illumination
- Start and stall
- Poor fuel economy
- Black smoke at tailpipe
- Hesitation/misfire at idle or under load
Common Causes of P0170 OBD II Trouble Code
- 2003 Kia Rio 1.6L P0447, P0038, P0138, P0170, P0501Among several codes my car has, one is P0447 which is listed as EVAP emission system - vent control valve circuit open.
No idea as to where to start checking as i am not sure if this car has a sensor in the fuel tank. I do know is must have an external carbon canister near the tank. Any tips?...
- Code P0170 1997 Nissan Maxima GXEHello all. I have a 97 Maxima GXE, auto, no ABS. Recently the car threw a code while I was out of town. The Nissan code 0115 which converts to P0170 which is fuel system too lean, bank 2. The O2 sensor on that bank is very new because I got a code for that earlier. The car is running very rough and ...
- P0170 1997 Montero - frustratedMy 1997 Mitsubishi Montero has been throwing a P0170 code for the past 2 years and after several trips my local mechanic and the dealership it's still not fixed. Some 2 years ago after several repairs I was able to get the Montero through emmission althought the P0170 code was present the Check Eng...
- P0170 on 2000 Subaru Outback happens only after refueling2000 Subaru Legacy Outback, 2.5L boxer engine, auto-trans. Just turned 100K miles a few days ago.
I have been getting the P0170 code and the closest commonality I can determine for the cause is that it happens within a couple miles right after refueling. I would get the code cleared at a local aut...
- Fuel Trim issue P0170 on 99 benz C230Hi -- can you help me with this code - the shop has replaced the gas filter and I have check for vac leaks, cleaned MAF and throttle body seal -- all without finding problem. . I am questioning the sensor 2 and the MAF sensor or ?
The O2 voltage on bank 1 sensor 1 is running between .11 to .86 volt...
- BMW E46 318i '98 - Codes P0300/P0301/P0302/P0303/P0130/P0170Hi There,
Just new to the forum and tried to search my answer ... but no luck unfortunately.
I hope someone can help me here.
Car: BMW E46 318i from Oct '98 (yes, one of the first E46's :wink: ).
The following Fault Codes appeared in my PCM Scan software:
P0300 Random/Multiple Cy...
- 2001 Honda Prelude Running Rich P0172 P0170P0172-System Too Rich
P0170-Fuel Trim Malfunction
2001 Honda Prelude-SH running rich since god knows when...I have a piggyback ecu controller (APEXi VAFC-II) I cannot get the car to stop exhausting black exhaust fumes (unburnt hydro carbons) off the back of my car....
- Honda Civic GX (natural gas vehicle) with error code P0170Civic has 212K miles. Recently it started sputtering, then wouln't start, dealer gave me a list of codes;
P0301 - P0304 (misfire)
P0131 (O2 sensor)
P0170 (fuel metering out of spec - dealer) or (Fuel Trim Bank 1 @ Actron)
I rebuilt all 4 injectors.
I installed new O2 sensor (top one).
- 2003 BMW 525i: P0170, P0171, P1083, P10852003 BMW 525i, 110k
2 weeks ago my "Service Engine Soon" light came on, so I downloaded the codes from an OBDII reader:
I replaced the spark plugs and air filter since they were the "originals" (not related to codes).
I took apart the area where the MAF sensor was, blew it...
- '95 Toyota Land Cruiser: P0420 AND P0170?Oh, the long and convoluted history of my Land Cruiser!
I picked it up with just over 160K on the clock. I've had it for ~4 years ,and have put ~15K miles on it since then.
It had just had an aftermarket exhaust setup installed. Specifically the two new bits were the "Y" down-pipe, and the second C...