P020D OBD II Trouble Code Cylinder 4 Injection Timing
How to diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P020D cylinder number 4 injection timing engine trouble code. Also includes links to relevant forum topics on the code.
Symptoms of P020D OBD II Trouble Code
- Engine misfire, sag, or stumble
- General lack of engine performance
- Distinctive odor of diesel fuel
- Reduced fuel efficiency
Common Causes of P020D OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective fuel injection solenoid
- Open or shorted wiring and/or connectors in fuel injector control circuit
- Bad fuel injector
- Engine timing component failure
- Crankshaft or camshaft position sensor (or circuit) failure
Severity of P020D OBD II Trouble Code
All codes related to the high-pressure fuel injection system should be considered severe and addressed with a degree of urgency.