P022B OBD II Trouble Code Charge Air Cooler Bypass Control A Circuit Low
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on symptoms and causes of a P022B trouble code that means there is an low condition within the charge air cooler intercooler A bypass control circuit.
Symptoms of P022B OBD II Trouble Code
- Poor engine performance
- Vehicle entering "limp mode"
- Engine misfiring
- Poor fuel mileage
Common Causes of P022B OBD II Trouble Code
- Stuck open/closed bypass valve
- Obstruction in bypass valve's operational range of motion
- Broken or damaged wiring harness
- Fuse/relay defective
- ECM issue
- Pin/connector problem. (e.g. corrosion, broken lock tab, etc.)
Severity of P022B OBD II Trouble Code
Severity in this case would be moderate. You don't want to leave this issue unattended as it could develop into something much more serious fairly quickly. Keep in mind, problems don't get better over time unless rectified. Engine damage is expensive, almost every time so if you've exhausted your abilities, bring vehicle to a reputable repair facility.