Symptoms of P0471 OBD II Trouble Code
- Check Engine Light illuminated
- Lack of power
- Unable to perform manual regeneration ? burn off the soot out of the particulate filter. Looks like a catalytic converter but has temp sensors and pressure sensor probes inserted into it.
- If unable to perform regeneration, eventually may become a crank-no start.
Common Causes of P0471 OBD II Trouble Code
- Blockage in the tube from the exhaust manifold to the pressure sensor
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation system / Air Inlet / Charge Air leaks
- Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor
- Possibly a powertrain control module (PCM) has failed (highly unlikely)