P049B OBD II Trouble Code Exhaust Gas Recirculation B Flow Insufficient Detected
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and what causes of a P049B code that indicates an insufficient exhaust gas recirculation EGR B flow condition.
Symptoms of P049B OBD II Trouble Code
- Decreased engine performance
- Excessive rich or lean exhaust
- Delayed engine start-up (especially when cold)
- Diminished fuel efficiency
Common Causes of P049B OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective EGR valve
- Carbon clogged EGR passage/s
- Collapsed or cracked DPFE hoses
- Faulty DPFE, MAP, or MAT Sensor
- Open or shorted circuits to the EGR valve or related sensors
Severity of P049B OBD II Trouble Code
Overall engine performance and fuel efficiency may be adversely affected by the conditions which contribute to a code P049B. It should be categorized as severe.