P04A5 OBD II Trouble Code Exhaust Pressure Control Valve B Stuck Closed
How to easily diagnose, repair, and symptoms and causes of a P04A5 code that indicates a stuck closed exhaust pressure control valve B.
Symptoms of P04A5 OBD II Trouble Code
- Severely diminished engine performance
- Engine or transmission overheating
- Exhaust may glow red hot after driving
- Other exhaust back pressure codes
Common Causes of P04A5 OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective exhaust back pressure control valve position sensor
- Bad exhaust pressure sensor
- Faulty exhaust pressure control valve
- Open or shorted wiring in one of the exhaust pressure control valve circuits
Severity of P04A5 OBD II Trouble Code
Since exhaust back pressure may affect climate control and drivability functions, a stored code P04A5 should be addressed with a certain degree of urgency.