P0516 OBD II Trouble Code Battery Temperature Sensor Circuit Low
How to easily diagnose and repair, and causes of a P0516 battery temperature sensor circuit low electrical condition trouble code.
Symptoms of P0516 OBD II Trouble Code
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) on
- Possible low indicated charging voltage
- Charge indicator light on
Common Causes of P0516 OBD II Trouble Code
- Short to ground in the signal circuit to the BTS sensor - possible
- Failed BTS Sensor - possible
- Failed PCM - unlikely
Severity of P0516 OBD II Trouble Code
Severity in these cases will be not severe. Since they are electrical failures, the PCM can compensate adequately for them.