P056B OBD II Trouble Code Cruise Control Decrease Distance Signal
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on symptoms and causes of a P056B code which indicates an DECREASE DISTANCE signal of the cruise control system.
Symptoms of P056B OBD II Trouble Code
- Cruise control light in dash not coming on or constant
- Cruise control inoperative
- Cannot set cruise control to desired speed or speed is erratic
- Certain function(s), within the cruise control system, non-operative (i.e. Resume, Set, +, -, Coast, Accel)
- Commands not functioning consistently
Common Causes of P056B OBD II Trouble Code
- Cruise control switch, or buttons within the switch, defective and/or damaged
- Connector(s) not making proper and effective electrical connection
- Wire(s) within the cruise control harness chafed and/or damaged causing short, open, resistance, etc.
- Cruise control switch assembly contaminated with fluid (i.e. coffee, soda, juice, etc.)
- ECM issue
- Cruise control module defective
- BCM (Body Control Module) issue
- Overheated parts causing malfunction
Severity of P056B OBD II Trouble Code
Severity would be considered moderately low. Even if you lose entire functionality of the cruise control system, you can still get to work safely. As far as further damage if left unattended goes, this would be the rare case in which you may be able to neglect if lets say, your vehicle is old and you can live without cruise, or you cannot afford to fix the vehicle.