Symptoms of P0576 OBD II Trouble Code
- CEL (check engine light) will turn on within a few drive cycles after the ECM has detected that there's an issue
- Erratic or intermittent cruise control function(s) operation
- Cruise control light on constant or does not come on
Common Causes of P0576 OBD II Trouble Code
- The most common cause of abnormal voltage/resistance level in the cruise control input circuit is a faulty cruise control switch that could potentially be caused by spilled liquids that short circuits the device and/or circuits within.
- Wiring issue (e.g. open circuit, short to ground, short to power, etc.)
- ECM (engine control module) issue (i.e. internal short, open, etc.)
- Open or shorted cruise control function switch(s)
- Damaged connectors within the cruise control system
- Blown fuses, which could indicate a much more serious problem. (e.g. short, voltage spikes, control module(s) defective, etc.)
Severity of P0576 OBD II Trouble Code
This particular code is actually a mild issue that does not require immediate repair since the engine performance won't suffer which will allow the vehicle itself to be operational. Not being able to utilize the cruise control is the only main issue with this kind of code.