P065D OBD II Trouble Code Reductant System Malfunction Lamp Control Circuit
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P065D trouble code that indicates a detected failure of the reductant system malfunction lamp control circuit.
Symptoms of P065D OBD II Trouble Code
- Inoperative reductant system
- Reductant system malfunction lamp is inoperative
- Reductant system malfunction lamp remains illuminated
- Engine drivability issues
- Catalytic converter codes
Common Causes of P065D OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective reductant system malfunction lamp bulb
- Open or shorted circuit between the PCM and the instrument panel or other controllers
- PCM programming error
- Faulty controller or PCM
Severity of P065D OBD II Trouble Code
A P065D should be categorized as severe because it could result in an inoperative reductant system, catalytic converter damage, and/or drivability issues.