P06C1 OBD II Trouble Code Cylinder 9 Glow Plug Circuit Range/Performance
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on symptoms and causes of a P06C1 code that indicates a detected range or performance problem with the cylinder #9 glow plug circuit.
Symptoms of P06C1 OBD II Trouble Code
- Excessive black smoke from exhaust
- Engine drivability issues
- Delayed engine start up
- Reduced fuel efficiency
- Engine misfire codes may be stored
Common Causes of P06C1 OBD II Trouble Code
- Bad glow plug(s)
- Open or shorted glow plug control circuit
- Loose or faulty glow plug connector
- Defective glow plug timer
Severity of P06C1 OBD II Trouble Code
Any glow plug related code will likely be accompanied by drivability issues. A stored code P06C1 should be addressed with urgency.