P077B OBD II Trouble Code Output Speed Sensor Circuit - Direction Signal
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P077B trouble code which indicates a direction signal malfunction from the output speed sensor circuit.
Symptoms of P077B OBD II Trouble Code
- Intermittent speedometer/odometer operation
- Abnormal transmission shift patterns
- Transmission slippage or delayed engagement
- Activation/deactivation of the traction control system (if applicable)
- Other transmission and/or ABS codes may be stored
Common Causes of P077B OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective output speed sensor
- Metal debris on the output speed sensor
- Open or shorted circuits or connectors (especially near the output speed sensor)
- Damaged or worn reluctor ring
- Mechanical transmission failure
Severity of P077B OBD II Trouble Code
The conditions which contribute to a code P077B being stored could result in (or be the result of) catastrophic transmission failure, it should be rectified with urgency.