P215A OBD II Trouble Code Vehicle Speed - Wheel Speed Correlation
How to easily diagnose, repair, and symptoms and causes of a P215A trouble code which means there is a correlation problem between the wheel speed and vehicle speed sensor inputs.
Symptoms of P215A OBD II Trouble Code
- Erratic speedometer
- Inadvertent ABS or traction control system (TCS) activation
- Irregular transmission shift patterns
- ABS codes may be stored
- The ABS may be disabled
Common Causes of P215A OBD II Trouble Code
- Excessive metallic debris on output/wheel speed sensor magnet
- Defective wheel speed/vehicle speed sensor
- Cut or damaged wiring or connectors
- Broken, damaged, or worn reluctor ring teeth
- Faulty PCM, ABCM, or EBCM
Severity of P215A OBD II Trouble Code
The conditions which contribute to a code P215A being stored may result in ABS deactivation or erratic transmission shifting patterns. The code should be considered severe and addressed as quickly as possible.