P2166 OBD II Trouble Code Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor D Maximum Stop Performance
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on symptoms and causes of a P2166 code that indicates a throttle/pedal position sensor D minimum stop performance concern.
Symptoms of P2166 OBD II Trouble Code
- Lack of throttle response
- Limited or no acceleration
- Engine stall when allowed to idle
- Hesitation when accelerating
- Cruise control inoperative
Common Causes of P2166 OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective TPS or PPS
- Open or shorted circuits between the TPS, PPS, and the PCM
- Corroded electrical connectors
- Faulty DBW actuator motor
Severity of P2166 OBD II Trouble Code
A P2166 should be considered severe because it can result in the vehicle being undriveable.