P2219 OBD II Trouble Code NOx Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and causes of a P2219 diagnostic code that means there is a low voltage in the NOx sensor heater control circuit on bank 2.
Symptoms of P2219 OBD II Trouble Code
- Failed emissions test
- Intermittent CEL (check engine light)
Common Causes of P2219 OBD II Trouble Code
- NOx sensor defective
- Heater in NOx sensor malfunctioning
- Internal open in ECM (Engine control module) or NOx sensor itself
- Water intrusion
- Broken connector tabs (intermittent connection)
- Melted harness
- Dirty sensor element
- High resistance present in heater control circuit
Severity of P2219 OBD II Trouble Code
Medium severity for this, as emission related faults really can effect the environment around this. That said, sometimes with emission faults, there will not be any symptoms present but can still have repercussions if left unattended.