P2501 OBD II Trouble Code Generator Lamp/L Terminal Circuit High
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P2501 trouble code that indicates a high electrical condition in the Generator Lamp/L Terminal Circuit.
Symptoms of P2501 OBD II Trouble Code
- Charging system lamp illumination
- Engine drivability issues
- Inadvertent engine shutoff
- Delayed engine cranking
- Other stored codes
Common Causes of P2501 OBD II Trouble Code
- Open or shorted generator field control circuit
- Blown fuse or burnt fusible link
- Defective alternator/generator
- Faulty PCM
- PCM programming error
Severity of P2501 OBD II Trouble Code
A stored code P2501 could result in a variety of drivability concerns, including a no-start and/or dead battery condition. It should be classified as severe.