P045F OBD II Trouble Code Exhaust Gas Recirculation B Control Stuck Closed
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on causes and symptoms of a P045F code that indicates a stuck closed B EGR control situation.
Symptoms of P045F OBD II Trouble Code
- There will likely be no symptoms exhibited with this code
- Slightly diminished fuel efficiency
Common Causes of P045F OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective EGR valve
- EGR control solenoid/valve is bad
- Open or shorted wiring/connectors in the EGR control circuit
- Faulty DPFE sensor
- Bad EGR valve position sensor
- PCM malfunction or PCM programming error
Severity of P045F OBD II Trouble Code
Since the close position of the EGR valve presents no serious issues, from a drivability standpoint, a code P045F may be addressed at your earliest convenience.