P050A OBD II Trouble Code Cold Start Idle Air Control System Performance
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P050A trouble code that indicates a detected cold start idle air control system performance problem.
Symptoms of P050A OBD II Trouble Code
- High or low engine RPM level
- Engine may stall at idle
- The accelerator pedal may have to be depressed for the engine to start
- Unusual tapping or popping noise from IAC motor
Common Causes of P050A OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective or dirty IAC valve
- Vacuum leak
- Open or shorted circuits or connectors
- Defective electronic coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
Severity of P050A OBD II Trouble Code
A code P050A should be treated as severe because engine drivability may suffer from the conditions which cause it to be stored.