P050E OBD II Trouble Code Cold Start Engine Exhaust Temperature Too Low
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P050E trouble code that indicates a detected too low of temperature from the exhaust upon cold startup.
Symptoms of P050E OBD II Trouble Code
- Diminished engine performance
- Decreased fuel efficiency
- Excessive black smoke from the exhaust
- Accompanying DEF codes
Common Causes of P050E OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective exhaust temperature sensor
- Burnt or damaged exhaust temperature sensor wiring
- Moisture trapped inside the exhaust has frozen
- PCM or PCM programming error
Severity of P050E OBD II Trouble Code
When a code P050E is stored, DEF injection is likely to be disabled. This code should be categorized as severe and rectified with urgency.