P051F OBD II Trouble Code Positive Crankcase Ventilation Filter Restriction
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P051F trouble code which indicates a detected PCV - positive crankcase ventilation - filter restriction.
Symptoms of P051F OBD II Trouble Code
- Engine oil leaks
- Smoke (steam) from underhood area
- Hissing (sucking) noise from engine area
- Drivability issues created by a vacuum leak
Common Causes of P051F OBD II Trouble Code
- Clogged (bad) PCV filter
- Faulty PCV valve
- Defective crankcase pressure sensor
- Open or shorted crankcase pressure sensor wiring
- PCM malfunction or PCM programming error
Severity of P051F OBD II Trouble Code
Excessive crankcase pressure may result in engine oil leaks. A code P051F should be categorized as severe and addressed accordingly.