P0608 OBD II Trouble Code Control Module VSS Output A Malfunction
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P0608 trouble code that indicates a detected malfunction of the A control module vehicle speed sensor output.
Symptoms of P0608 OBD II Trouble Code
- Erratic or incorrect speedometer/odometer
- Abnormal (automatic) transmission shifting
- Output shaft speed sensor codes
- Input speed sensor codes
- ABS or Traction Control System (TCS) codes
Common Causes of P0608 OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective PCM, TCM, or other controller
- Open or shorted circuits in the CAN
- Corroded, broken, or loose electrical connectors
- Controller programming error
Severity of P0608 OBD II Trouble Code
VSS related codes may affect transmission shift strategy and engine drivability. A stored code P0608 should be classified as severe and diagnosed/repaired as quickly as possible.