P06B6 OBD II Trouble Code Internal Control Module Knock Sensor Processor 1 Performance
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P06B6 trouble code that indicates a detected failure of Internal Control Module Knock Sensor Processor 1.
Symptoms of P06B6 OBD II Trouble Code
- Loud noises from the engine area
- Diminished fuel efficiency
- A variety of engine drivability symptoms
- Other stored diagnostic trouble codes
Common Causes of P06B6 OBD II Trouble Code
- Bad PCM or a PCM programming error
- Defective knock sensor/s
- Defective knock sensor control wiring and/or connectors
- A bad controller power relay or blown fuse
- Open or shorted circuit or connectors in the CAN harness
- Insufficient control module ground
Severity of P06B6 OBD II Trouble Code
If the PCM detects a degree of knock sensor voltage indicative of an engine knock or severe spark detonation; it may retard ignition timing and a knock sensor control code may be stored.