P07BD OBD II Trouble Code Transmission Park Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Intermittent/Erratic
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a trouble code P07BD that indicates an intermittent or erratic electrical problem in the B transmission park position sensor circuit.
Symptoms of P07BD OBD II Trouble Code
- Vehicle will not start (starter will not engage)
- Starter will engage with the vehicle in gear
- An illuminated Service Engine Soon Light
- Check Engine Light is illuminated
- Transmission may not shift out of park
- Transmission may not shift into park
Common Causes of P07BD OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective transmission park position sensor/switch
- Corroded or damaged connector
- Damaged or faulty wiring
- Defective PCM
Severity of P07BD OBD II Trouble Code
The severity of this code varies based on the specific malfunction and the severity level may progress if not corrected in a timely manner. This code could become a safety issue requiring immediate attention if the starter will engage with the vehicle in gear.