P0805 OBD II Trouble Code Clutch Position Sensor Circuit
How to quickly diagnose and repair, and causes of a P0805 trouble code which indicates a detected malfunction in the clutch position sensor circuit.
Symptoms of P0805 OBD II Trouble Code
- Motor will not start
- Motor will start without engaging the clutch
- Transmission warning lamp illuminated
- Check engine light illuminated
Common Causes of P0805 OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective clutch position sensor
- Faulty or damaged wiring
- Loose or defective control module ground strap
- Corroded, damaged or loose connector
- Defective fuse or fuse-able link (If applicable)
- Defective PCM or TCM
Severity of P0805 OBD II Trouble Code
The severity of this code is normally moderate, but P0805 can be severe if the vehicle starts with the clutch disengaged creating a safety issue.