P203E OBD II Trouble Code Reductant Level Sensor Circuit Intermittent/Erratic
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and causes of a P203E diagnostic code which indicates an erratic or intermittent reading from the reductant level sensor circuit.
Symptoms of P203E OBD II Trouble Code
- Incorrect DEF (Diesel exhaust fluid) level reading
- Exhaust emissions outside of specifications
- CEL (Check engine light) on
- Excessive smoke
- "Low" or other DEF warning on instrument cluster
Common Causes of P203E OBD II Trouble Code
- Reductant level sensor defective
- Wrong fluid in DEF storage tank
- Broken wire or harness causing intermittent electrical connections
- Electrical short
Severity of P203E OBD II Trouble Code
I would say this is a fairly minor code considering the possibilities. Essentially we are talking about a fault in a system that monitors what happens after it is already burnt and used. That said, most state/countries' emissions standards are fairly strict so it's a good idea to address this before it does more harm to your vehicle, not to mention the atmosphere!