P203F OBD II Trouble Code Reductant Level Too Low
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and causes of a P203F diagnostic code which indicates a low fluid level from the reductant level sensor.
Symptoms of P203F OBD II Trouble Code
- Incorrect DEF (Diesel exhaust fluid) level reading
- Exhaust emissions outside of specifications
- CEL (Check engine light) on
- Excessive smoke
- "Low" or other DEF warning on instrument cluster
Common Causes of P203F OBD II Trouble Code
- Reductant level sensor defective
- Wrong fluid in DEF storage tank
- DEF level is low and needs to be topped up
- Electrical short
Severity of P203F OBD II Trouble Code
I would say this is a fairly minor code considering the possibilities. Essentially we are talking about a fault in a system that monitors what happens after it is already burnt and used. That said, most state/countries' emissions standards are fairly strict so it's a good idea to address this before it does more harm to your vehicle, not to mention the atmosphere!