P023A OBD II Trouble Code Charge Air Cooler Coolant Pump Control Circuit Open
How to easily diagnose, repair, and what causes a P023A code which indicates an open electrical condition within the charge air cooler coolant pump control circuit.
Symptoms of P023A OBD II Trouble Code
- MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) illuminated
- Poor engine performance
- Poor fuel mileage
- Erratic/abnormal engine temperatures
Common Causes of P023A OBD II Trouble Code
- Internal mechanical obstruction in coolant pump
- Open within coolant pump control circuit
- Broken or damaged Coolant pump wiring harness
- ECM (Engine Control Module) issue
- Pin/connector problem. (e.g. corrosion, broken lock tab, etc.)
Severity of P023A OBD II Trouble Code
Severity in this case would be low. In most cases, this fault will not present any immediate safety concerns. That said, the drivability and performance of the vehicle may suffer, especially if left unattended long enough.