P023C OBD II Trouble Code Charge Air Cooler Coolant Pump Control Circuit High
How to easily diagnose, repair, and what causes a P023C code which indicates a high electrical condition within the charge air cooler coolant pump control circuit.
Symptoms of P023C OBD II Trouble Code
- MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) illuminated
- Poor engine performance
- Poor fuel mileage
- Erratic/abnormal engine temperatures
Common Causes of P023C OBD II Trouble Code
- Internal mechanical obstruction in coolant pump
- Broken or damaged Coolant pump wiring harness
- ECM (Engine Control Module) issue
- Pin/connector problem. (e.g. corrosion, broken lock tab, etc.)
Severity of P023C OBD II Trouble Code
Severity in this case would be low. In most cases, this fault will not present any immediate safety concerns. That said, the drivability and performance of the vehicle may suffer, especially if left unattended long enough.