P0298 OBD II Trouble Code Engine Oil Over Temperature Condition
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and info on symptoms and causes of a P0298 engine code which means that the vehicles PCM has determined that the engines oil temperature is too high.
Symptoms of P0298 OBD II Trouble Code
- Unusual engine noises and/or smells
- Engine coolant leaks
- Diminished engine performance
- Engine cooling system codes
Common Causes of P0298 OBD II Trouble Code
- An engine cooling system condition that has resulted in engine overheating
- Defective engine oil temperature sensor
- Open or shorted circuit
- Corroded wiring and/or connectors
- Low oil level
Severity of P0298 OBD II Trouble Code
A stored code P0298 should be considered urgent and diagnosed as soon as possible. The engine should not be operated until the conditions for causing this code to be stored are rectified.