P02E7 OBD II Trouble Code Diesel Intake Air Flow Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and causes of a P02E7 diesel code which indicates a range or performance problem within the diesel intake air flow position sensor circuit.
Symptoms of P02E7 OBD II Trouble Code
- Malfunction Indicator Light On
- Possible low idle speed only
- No EGR System operation
- No Regeneration of the diesel particulate filter to burn off the soot build up (won?t burn off soot out of the DPF catalyst)
Common Causes of P02E7 OBD II Trouble Code
- Open in the signal circuit to the DIAFPS sensor - possible
- Short to voltage in the signal circuit to the DIAFPS sensor - possible
- Short to ground in the signal circuit to the DIAFPS sensor - possible
- Failed DIAFPS Sensor - likely
- Failed PCM - unlikely
Severity of P02E7 OBD II Trouble Code
Severity in all cases will be not severe. Since they are electrical failures, the PCM can compensate adequately for them.