P02E9 OBD II Trouble Code Diesel Intake Air Flow Position Sensor Circuit High
How to quickly diagnose, repair, and causes of a P02E9 diesel code that indicates a detected high voltage condition in the diesel intake air flow position sensor circuit.
Symptoms of P02E9 OBD II Trouble Code
- Malfunction Indicator Light On
- Possible low idle speed only
- No EGR System operation
- No Regeneration of the diesel particulate filter to burn off the soot build up (won?t burn off soot out of the DPF catalyst)
Common Causes of P02E9 OBD II Trouble Code
- Short to power in the signal circuit to the DIAFPS sensor ? possible
- Failed DIAFPS Sensor ? possible
- Failed PCM - unlikely
Severity of P02E9 OBD II Trouble Code
Severity in all cases will be not severe. Since they are electrical failures, the PCM can compensate adequately for them.