P02EB OBD II Trouble Code Diesel Intake Air Flow Control Motor Current Range/Performance
How to easily diagnose, repair, and causes of a P02EB diesel code which indicates an out of range or performance problem in the diesel intake air flow control motor current.
Symptoms of P02EB OBD II Trouble Code
- Malfunction Indicator Light On
- Possible low idle speed only
- Flashing Electronic Throttle Control symbol
- No Regeneration of the diesel particulate filter to burn off the soot build up (won?t burn off soot out of the DPF catalyst) ? eventual loss of power complain
Common Causes of P02EB OBD II Trouble Code
- Open in the signal circuit to the DIAFCS motor/control ? possible
- Short to voltage in the signal circuit to the DIAFCS motor/control - possible
- Short to ground in the signal circuit to the DIAFCS motor/control ? possible
- Failed DIAFCS motor/control ? likely
- Failed PCM - unlikely
Severity of P02EB OBD II Trouble Code
Severity in all cases will be not severe. If mechanical issues are the cause, the typical failure is low idle speed. If it is an electrical failure, the PCM can compensate adequately for them.