P0458 OBD II Trouble Code EVAP Emission Purge Control Valve Circuit Low
How to diagnose, repair, as well as symptoms and causes of a P0458 trouble code which is a low circuit condition in the EVAP emission purge control valve circuit. Also includes links to relevant forum topics on the code.
Symptoms of P0458 OBD II Trouble Code
- Faulty fuse or relay
- Faulty purge control valve
- Faulty EVAP purge solenoid control
- Engine wiring harness or connector open or short circuit
- Purge control solenoid open or short circuit condition
- PCM/ECM malfunction
Common Causes of P0458 OBD II Trouble Code
- 2005 Subaru Legacy P0458Hey everyone, I just started getting a CEL and a flashing cruise control light. I pulled the code and got P0458 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Low. Any clue where to start checking or what may be causing the code? My mileage has been a little worse than usual lately...