P0632 OBD II Trouble Code Odometer Not Programmed ? ECM/PCM
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P0632 trouble code that indicates that the odometer is not programmed.
Symptoms of P0632 OBD II Trouble Code
- No (or intermittent) odometer display
- Incorrect odometer display
- Erratic speedometer operation
- Vehicle security system may be activated
- Other diagnostic codes will likely be stored
Common Causes of P0632 OBD II Trouble Code
- ECM/PCM programming error
- ECM/PCM swapped between vehicles and/or replaced without being properly programmed
- ECM/PCM failure
- IPC programming error
- Instrument panel cluster replacement without proper reprogramming
Severity of P0632 OBD II Trouble Code
A stored code P0632 should be categorized as severe, particularly if you are not familiar with the history of the vehicle in question. Odometer inconsistencies may result in serious vehicle registration problems.