P0648 OBD II Trouble Code Immobilizer Lamp Control Circuit
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P0648 trouble code that indicates a detected failure of the immobilizer lamp control circuit.
Symptoms of P0648 OBD II Trouble Code
- No start
- Immobilizer lamp inoperative
- Other stored (security) codes
Common Causes of P0648 OBD II Trouble Code
- Faulty PCM
- PCM programming error
- Open or shorted immobilizer lamp control circuit
- Defective (dead battery) immobilizer key (fob)
- Failed immobilizer lamp bulb
Severity of P0648 OBD II Trouble Code
Internal control module codes should be taken seriously. A stored code P0648 (with immobilizer lamp illumination) will likely result in a no start condition.