P0809 OBD II Trouble Code Clutch Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent
How to quickly diagnose and repair, and causes of a P0809 trouble code which indicates a detected intermittent signal within the clutch position sensor circuit.
Symptoms of P0809 OBD II Trouble Code
- Motor will not start
- Motor will start without engaging the clutch
- Transmission warning lamp illuminated
- Check engine light illuminated
Common Causes of P0809 OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective clutch position sensor
- Faulty or damaged wiring
- Loose or defective control module ground strap
- Corroded, damaged or loose connector
- Defective fuse or fuse-able link (If applicable)
- Defective PCM or TCM
Severity of P0809 OBD II Trouble Code
The severity of this code is normally moderate, but P0809 can be severe if the vehicle starts with the clutch disengaged creating a safety issue.