P080A OBD II Trouble Code Clutch Position Not Learned
How to quickly diagnose and repair, and causes of a P080A trouble code which indicates a detected not learned clutch position.
Symptoms of P080A OBD II Trouble Code
- Motor will not start
- Motor will start without engaging the clutch
- Transmission warning lamp illuminated
- Check engine light illuminated
Common Causes of P080A OBD II Trouble Code
- Clutch position sensor position not calibrated
- Defective clutch position sensor
- Faulty or damaged wiring
- Loose or defective control module ground strap
- Corroded, damaged or loose connector
- Defective PCM or TCM
Severity of P080A OBD II Trouble Code
The severity of this code is normally moderate, but P080A can be severe if the vehicle starts with the clutch disengaged creating a safety issue.