P0610 OBD II Trouble Code Control Module Vehicle Options Error
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P0610 trouble code that indicates a detected error in the vehicle options control module.
Symptoms of P0610 OBD II Trouble Code
- Engine drivability issues
- Erratic (automatic) transmission shifting
- Other stored codes
- Diminished fuel efficiency
Common Causes of P0610 OBD II Trouble Code
- Faulty PCM
- PCM programming error
- Open or shorted circuit or connectors in the CAN harness
- Failed PCM power source
- Insufficient control module ground
Severity of P0610 OBD II Trouble Code
Internal control module codes must always be taken seriously. A stored code P0610 could result in a variety of drivability concerns, including a no-start condition.