P061D OBD II Trouble Code Internal Control Module Engine Air Mass Performance
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P061D trouble code that indicates a detected internal control module error with the engine air mass performance.
Symptoms of P061D OBD II Trouble Code
- Hesitation or stumble upon acceleration
- Engine misfire
- Diminished fuel efficiency
- Engine misfire codes may also be present
Common Causes of P061D OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective MAF sensor
- Corroded MAF sensor connector
- Defective PCM or PCM programming error
- Open or shorted circuit or connectors in the CAN harness
- Insufficient control module ground
- Open or shorted circuits between the MAF sensor and the PCM
Severity of P061D OBD II Trouble Code
Internal control module processor codes should be categorized as severe. A stored code P061D could result in serious drivability and fuel efficiency issues, suddenly and without warning.