P061E OBD II Trouble Code Internal Control Module Brake Signal Performance
How to easily diagnose, repair, and info on causes of a P061E trouble code that indicates a detected internal control module error with the brake signal.
Symptoms of P061E OBD II Trouble Code
- Harsh or delayed shifting (transmission)
- Engine shutdown when coming to a stop (in drive)
- Inoperative stop (brake) lamps
- Lack of torque converter lockup may result in transmission damage
Common Causes of P061E OBD II Trouble Code
- Defective stop (brake) lamp switch
- Defective PCM or PCM programming error
- Open or shorted circuit or connectors in the CAN harness
- Insufficient control module ground
- Open or shorted circuits between the brake signal switch and the PCM
Severity of P061E OBD II Trouble Code
Internal control module processor codes should be categorized as severe. A stored code P061E could result in erratic transmission torque converter lockup operation or inoperative cruise control (speed control).